MATS Showcase 2020
The Themes for 2020 are as follows:
During MATS 2020, our aim is to explore the information needs of users of Marine Autonomous Systems (MAS), review the current technologies available to enable the data gathering for MAS users and explore the methods of taking that data and making it exploitable information for the user need. Presentations may focus on work undertaken or planned to be undertaken in the 12 months since MATS 2019 or be a forward look along your organisation's technology roadmap.
Theme 1: Users & Applications; - Through this theme, we are seeking presentations from Scientific, Industry, Government and Defence end-users of marine technologies. Presentations should focus on current and aspirational
- Theme 2: Generating Information from Data – Generating information that meets end-user needs from the data collected by MAS is the ultimate goal of deploying the system. This theme will explore novel methods of generating information products from MAS gathered data. Presentations should explore (but not be limited to) the utility of Machine Learning and AI, Data Processing, GUIs, augmented realities. Examples of real world information use should be explored
- Theme 3: Planning & Control –Operation of MAS in the environment is just part of the mission and the work to enable it happens outside of the operational element. This theme is seeking presentations that support the planning and control of MAS, presentations can include but not limited to: Experiences and lessons learned from field trials, the use of Synthetic Environments, Mathematical Modelling, Simulation, Risk and Reliability Management, Command and Control, Remote Operations, Monitoring, Regulation and Legal.
- Theme 4: Data collection – Sensing technologies are the eyes, ears, nose and touch of the Marine Autonomous System. This theme will focus on those technologies that enable MAS to collect data for the end-user, through imagery, physical sampling or chemical and biological detection. Presentations should provide real examples of field collected data as well as look to the future of data collection. We are also seeking presentations that cover interaction with the environment and infrastructure.
- Theme 5: The System – Through this theme, we are seeking presentations that focus on the systems. Through increased intelligence operations have evolved from single platform to more of a system approach. Presentations are sought that include, but are not limited to navigation, networking, collaboration and cooperation, residency, launch and recovery and novel vehicles including a forward look to future vehicle technologies. Presentations should demonstrate how step changes in MAS technology deliver improved performance through real examples of in field operation, be that with a single platform or a fleet of platforms working to achieve the users goals.
To Submit an Abstract
Abstracts should consist of 250 words, they should fit within one of the above themes. To submit an astract please click here
For further information please email Ian and Charmaine NOCevents@noc.ac.uk
Exhibitors for MATS 2020
Exhibiting at MATS 2020
Exhibitor Spaces for MATS 2020 are now available by clicking here
- January 2020 Kick off meeting to take place and diary dates for all Delivery Committee meetings issued.
- Call for exhibitors to be issued January 2020
- March 2020 Themes to be announced
- March 2020 Call for Abstracts to be issued
- Exhibitors announced April, May and June 2019
- Abstracts to close 30 June 2020
- Expert Industry Session Chairs announced June 2020
- Keynotes to be announced July 2020
- Registration to open July 2020
- Program to be announced September 2020
- Event Delivery 10 – 12 November 2020
MATS 2020 News Items
Abstract Launch press items please click here
MATS 2019 Presentations
The Presentations we have permission to make available can be viewed by clicking here
The National Oceanography Centre
European Way, Southampton, SO14 3ZH