Abstract Submission 2022
The Marine Autonomy and Technology Showcase has now become established as a key event in the marine science and technology calendar. In 2021 we saw 31 presentations across our five themes that broadly cover the complete end to end life of the use of marine technologies, from an identified end-user requirement through to getting useable information into those users hands and all of the steps in between. This year’s event will be taking place 8-10 November 2022 at the National Oceanography Centre in Southampton.
Full information on the parameters of these themes and the topics of interest within them can be found within by clicking here and on the MATS website. The quality of abstracts for MATS each year has been of a very high standard and this is reflected in the quality of the conference. We look forward to reading about your latest developments and seeing you at MATS 2022.
Ian Folger - MATS 2022 Event Manager
Deadlibne for Submissions - 27 July 2022
Independant review starts - 29 July 2022
Confirmation of acceptance notified - 5 September 2022
Submit your abstract now by clicking here
ABSTRACT PROPOSAL & SUBMITTAL GUIDELINES
1. Obtain relevant clearance to submit and present from your organisation. This will include the use of Names and Logos for use on the event website and programme.
2. The abstract must be a minimum of 100 words and no more than 400 words in length and should include a description of the presentation, results or conclusion (or likely conclusions) and the theme(s) most applicable to your abstract.
3. The abstract must be received by close of play 27 July 2022
4. You must be available to present at the event 8-10 November 2022, subject to current Covid restrictions in place at the time of the event this may be face to face or virtually.
5. Presenter(s) and Authors should be included in the submission and agreement for the use of the names to be included should be gained from the individuals prior to submission.
6. Authors whose abstracts are accepted agree to their abstract submission being included in the conference proceedings, promotion and documentation. Authors who do not agree to this by the due date will be withdrawn from the programme and will not be
allowed to present at the conference. Information will be required by 9 September 2022.
7. Accepted presentations must be submitted to the conference organising team by close of play 18 October 2022 for inclusion in the event delivery platforms. Failure to meet this deadline will result in the presentation being removed from the programme and you will not be able to present at the conference.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS AND WITHDRAWALS
NOC and the MATS Delivery Committee consider an accepted abstract as a commitment to present. In submitting an abstract you are confirming that you can present 8-10 November 2022 and that you will have your presentation materials submitted by COP 18 October 2022.
If extenuating circumstances prevent the author from making the presentation, it is the author’s obligation to find an alternative presenter and notify the MATS Event Manager and the relevant session chairs (if applicable). Withdrawals must be made in writing via email to
NOCevents@noc.ac.uk as soon as possible. Submitted abstract may only be amended or changed with prior permission of the MATS Delivery Committee via the MATS Event Manager. Cancellations, particularly after an abstract has been accepted, publicised and confirmed as part of the event programme, are viewed by the MATS Delivery Committee as highly unprofessional.
MATS 2021 MULTIPLE SUBMISSION POLICY
Authors are able to submit multiple abstracts for one or more theme; however, a maximum two entries from one organisation can be accepted for the conference programme. The MATS Delivery Committee and Technical Review Panel may request Authors to combine multiple abstracts to create one presentation where they feel this better fits the theme / programme in delivering an engaging event.
OVERT SALES PITCHES IN ABSTRACTS / PRESENTATIONS
MATS 2022 has a policy against the use of blatant sales pitches MATS is a technical conference, abstracts that are clear sales pitches with limited technical detail will be rejected by our Technical Review Panel.