Fourth International Workshop on the Advances in the Use of Historical Marine Climate Data
The Fourth International Workshop on the Advances in the Use of Historical Marine Climate Data (MARCDAT-IV) will be held at the National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, UK between the 18th and 22nd July 2016. The workshop will be arranged around the following themes:
- Data homogenization (benchmarking, bias adjustments, step change analysis, metadata)
- Quantification and estimation of uncertainty
- Data management, recovery and reprocessing (digitisation efforts and reprocessing of previously digitised data)
- Reconstructing past climates
- Integrating In-situ / satellite data sources
- Consistency of the climate across domain boundaries (land, ocean, surface, subsurface, atmosphere)
- The role of ICOADS and applications of marine climate data
- Review of the 10-year action plan
This workshop is free to attend but participants must be registered.
The programme and book of abstracts is now available from the link below.
The conference dinner will be held at the La Tavernetta restaurant in Southampton on the evening of the 20th July. The dinner will be self funded, with a choice of 1, 2, or 3 courses from a fixed menu. Bookings are being managed via our online booking system (https://conference.noc.ac.uk/product/marcdat4-workshop-dinner-20th-july-2016). Further details are available from this page, including the menu choices.