OSRL is pleased to announce dates for the annual ITAC meeting,
which will be co-hosted by National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, UK
2 - 4 October 2019.
To find out the event itinerary - click here
Please click here to register to attend ITAC 2019.
We have negotiated special accommodation rates with the following hotels:
Only a 10 minute walk from the NOC with a room rate of £125 bed and breakfast, please call/email the hotel and quote “ITAC2019". We recommend you book your room as soon as possible to take advantage of the best available rate. OSRL will be organising a daily transfer bus from/to this hotel ONLY.
Further hotels, Southampton has many hotels of different styles and standards to view a list with estimated distances from the NOC please click here
The Industry Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC) is non-commercial and is driven by OSRL as part of our advocacy programme, recognising the benefits of engaging our front-line response staff in industry-focussed technical discussion central to developing more effective oil spill response. We hold an ITAC meeting once per year, hosted in different locations with the meeting chaired by different ITAC members. We try to blend both international themes with items of regional interest according to where the meeting is being held.
ITAC’s Key Objectives
- Forum for presenting and exchanging scientific and technical information on Oil Spill Preparedness and Response (OSPR)
- Assembling a diverse group of OSPR professionals
- Articulate industry positions on key international OSPR issues
- Identify and address high consequence issues that impinge on effective oil spill preparedness and response
- Develop dialogue and links between the science/academic community and the response community to enhance mutual understanding, improve science-based decision-making, scientific support to ongoing responses, and to promote relevant oil spill research.
- Engage and encourage new adherents and next generation interest in oil spill preparedness, response, technology, management
- Highlight advances and emerging technologies in oil spill preparedness and response
National Oceanography Centre
European Way, Southampton, Hampshire UK, SO14 3ZH
for queries please email NOCevents@noc.ac.uk