November 8-9, 2017
National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, U.K.
- Summaries of present and planned observational, empirical, theoretical, and model-based efforts focused on the physics and biogeochemistry of the Irminger Sea region
- Presentation of results from recent observational campaigns
- Identification of key questions and hypotheses related to the physics and biogeochemisty of the region
- Discussion of sampling strategies to address those questions, including coordination of present, planned and new observational efforts
- Plans for collaborative analyses and publications
- Data sharing in support of coordination and collaboration
- Key overview talks, posters, and breakout sessions will be used to stimulate discussion and interactions.
- Attendance will be through invitation.
Workshop Report / Summary
To view a post workshop report / summary please click here
Workshop Steering Committee:
Robert Weller (WHOI), Susan Lozier (Duke), Johannes Karstensen (GEOMAR), Emmanuel Boss (U. Maine) Penny Holliday (NOC), Femke de Jong (NIOZ), Susan Banahan (COL), Kendra Daly (U. South Florida)